from mile to marathon

The journey of a thousand leagues begins from beneath your feet.
Lao-Tzu

Friday, June 09, 2006

something extraordinary

I had lunch with my friend Merimee a few days after I initiated my affair with the treadmill. The whole idea seemed so absurd I did not know how she would respond to it. Nevertheless, I was in a giddy mood and the lunch was delicious (Graze on Central Avenue), so I told her. I told her that, out of the blue, I am thinking of running the marathon. Her reaction took me by surprise. I don’t know what I expected, perhaps indifference. Perhaps I was just curious as to what she would say. She said it was inspiring and inspirational. She equated it to doing something extraordinary for myself. I had not thought about it this way. But her wording fit. I want to do something extraordinary for myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home