from mile to marathon

The journey of a thousand leagues begins from beneath your feet.
Lao-Tzu

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

good morning, America

Yesterday, the 4th of July, I ran in a 5K race, my first one ever. The spirits were high, the sunrise beautiful, the morning cool and glorious. I placed third in my age group. I didn’t ask how many women were in my age group, for fear of finding out there were only three. But I was pleased with my mediocre time of 29:32 minutes for the simple reason that the best I had ever achieved before was 32 on the treadmill. It didn’t matter too much that the bulk of the contingent was way before me, or that I almost gave out on the course for lack of oxygen and stamina. The official photographer of the event (Scott of http://www.infoimagination.org/) was kind to notice me on the website and establish a link to my blog. Go to http://www.newmexicomarathon.org/races/sunrise5k.htm, and return to me in circumnavigation, as Lewis Thomas once said about the jubilant song of the humpback whales. It was good day to run.

1 Comments:

At 8:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's so great Lia. I love that you were interviewed for the other website. Way to go!

Sue

 

Post a Comment

<< Home