from mile to marathon

The journey of a thousand leagues begins from beneath your feet.
Lao-Tzu

Saturday, December 01, 2007

one more

It's raining now in Tucson, but tomorrow we are supposed to have pleasant, cloudy, cool running weather for the Holualoa Marathon.

This is my fifth in three months, and my sixth and last for the year. I need to take it easy for while. It's not the running itself, since my average weekly mileage over the last months, maybe half a year, has not exceeded 25. I just wish to sleep in more often, and not to have every Sunday high-jacked by the shorter of longer "big" runs, and the subsequent ice baths and exhaustion. I am tired of running shoes, and of driving a day to get to one race or another. And I should start spending less, also, this was one expensive year.

The next race I can think of, maybe, is the El Paso Marathon in March - it takes only half a day to get there, he, he.

But tomorrow is Holualua, a downhill marathon I will run without claims or expectations, for it won't be easy to surpass either the serendipity of Shiprock, or the subjective experience of San Antonio.

I've been thinking of it for months. I will wear my Marathon Maniac shirt.

4 Comments:

At 4:31 PM, Blogger RunBubbaRun said...

That is alot of marathons in a short time.. WooHoo..

Good luck at your final one for the year.

 
At 8:39 PM, Blogger Backofpack said...

Have fun!

 
At 5:11 PM, Blogger traveler022 said...

Congrats Lia! Marathon Maniac indeed!

 
At 7:49 AM, Blogger Joe said...

> This is my fifth in three months

Wow! You ARE a marathon maniac.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home