from mile to marathon

The journey of a thousand leagues begins from beneath your feet.
Lao-Tzu

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

the bad, the good, and the ugly

The Bad
God only knows where my mind was when I assessed the criteria of being a gold level marathon maniac with four marathons in four different states, etc. - it has to happen within 8 weeks, and my projected time span is 12 weeks (from September 2nd in NM to December 2nd in AZ), so it won't happen.

The Good
God only knows where my mind was when I assessed the criteria of being a marathon maniac any level, but I already qualified, unwittingly, for one star, simply by running my "in the meantime" Duke City Marathon race. I just joined tonight, MM number pending. Think large grin here.

The Ugly
I have a hard time convincing my boyfriend we should still travel to TX in November and AZ in December, while I am already a marathon maniac as is. Apparently he was willing to do so for the sake of my insane desire to be certified - dreams count in his agenda, even if crazy. But since the extra effort doesn't even upgrade the status, the gruesome endeavor of driving 10 hours to San Antonio and back doesn't seem worthwhile. We will probably still do Tucson, because the University of Arizona houses this awesome photography institute, and we planned to stay a few extra days just for that. Negotiations still in course.

The Honest
I am not looking forward to that 10 h drive to San Antonio either. Part of me liked all these races neatly lined up. Part of me is just plain tired, I am fighting a cold, I drag myself through the day, I cannot sleep at night because of exhaustion.

5 Comments:

At 8:20 PM, Blogger RunBubbaRun said...

Congrats on becoming a "Manic", deep down I thought you were one anyways..

Rest up...

Hmmm, a 10 hour drive.. now that's determination for some extra "stars"..

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger Backofpack said...

Congratulations! That is so cool. After our 14 hour drive this weekend, I say...fly!

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger JustRun said...

Wow, look at you. And if it helps any, I don't know any Maniacs that aren't exhausted at least 75% of the time.

 
At 9:03 PM, Blogger Journey to a Centum said...

Maniac #153 says: You can do it!

Maniac #402 is a bad influence.

Tear it up in Texas!

 
At 10:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Now that you're certified, no one can doubt your sanity. ;) Sometimes we need a little break in all the hard work. And, it's OK to take one. But, then it's back at it. Don't forget to try and enjoy the ride. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home