from mile to marathon

The journey of a thousand leagues begins from beneath your feet.
Lao-Tzu

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

questioning san antonio

Oh, not the saint. The place.

Both my boyfriend and I had mixed feelings about San Antonio - the investment of time, the expenditure of money, the brutal drive of ten hours (on closer inspection more like eleven), the rest of our lives put on hold.

We debated fruitlessly a couple of times, and could decide no further than setting the matter aside to be revisited after a week or so. Ten days later we found ourselves still conflicted, but agreed upon going with wonderful simplicity. The drive is still eleven hours long, it's not going to cost any less, and the only thing we will accomplish is taking pictures of the Alamo

Besides me running my next marathon, that is.

9 Comments:

At 3:55 AM, Blogger RunBubbaRun said...

Your are such a "maniac".. I think you do like running. Have fun on the drive.

 
At 5:01 AM, Blogger Backofpack said...

Gotta love those long, long drives! After the 15 hours to/from San Francisco, I'm done with long car trips for a while!

But, who can resist? Not you!

 
At 5:40 AM, Blogger JustRun said...

We do what we gotta do, even when we can't explain why. It's cool you have someone who will go along even if they don't know why, either. I hear the Alamo is pretty cool. :)

 
At 11:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Alamo is cool. Hope you have a great time.

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger Joe said...

Have fun in San Antonio.

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger Legs and Wings said...

That's a long drive...it would put me nearly in Boston. Oh. Did I say Boston?

Gotta love the marathon bug. Good luck.

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

My dad grew up in San Antonio and I would love to visit again as I have not been since high school. Sounds like you are in full maniac mode.

 
At 2:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

“The rest of our lives put on hold”, you said. This makes me wonder: what is this “rest of or life” we put aside, when we are focusing on something? And isn’t precisely “the rest of our lives” we deliberately want to run away from, when we dedicate ourselves to a goal or a passion?

 
At 6:36 AM, Blogger JustRun said...

Two days post-SAM... wondering how it went...

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home