from mile to marathon

The journey of a thousand leagues begins from beneath your feet.
Lao-Tzu

Monday, July 20, 2009

nice little distraction

Either lazy or burned out from too much mileage, I decided to skip a big run one weekend and ran a little 5K race instead. Can't say I enjoyed it, but at 7 am the weather was pleasant, the mood entusiastic, and the pace the fastest I probably ever achieved. I finished with a PR of about 40 seconds in just over 28 minutes, and got like everyone else a flower and chocolate. Cool.

2 Comments:

At 6:09 AM, Blogger Darrell said...

I'd run a 5k for chocolate any day.

BTW, I getting ready for the Heart of America Marathon in Columbia, Missouri. Thus the high mileage.

 
At 1:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice! Nothing wrong with a little 5K, a PR, and some treats. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home