from mile to marathon

The journey of a thousand leagues begins from beneath your feet.
Lao-Tzu

Monday, August 26, 2013

testing testing testing

Four days after the fall I did a tentative one mile.

The knee was still swollen, and the scab looked worse than ever, but since I could bend my knee enough to cross-train on the bike I thought I might try running too. I went a few times around the block, so I could stop and walk back anytime. I ended up doing the whole mile.

The pain was not that bad. What bothered me was the funny sensation something was bobbing up and down there, not that I identified anything that could be doing that. The swelling didn't go down the rest of the day, but it didn't go up either.

I guess the training for my grand 50-miler has resumed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home