from mile to marathon

The journey of a thousand leagues begins from beneath your feet.
Lao-Tzu

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

next

My boyfriend has this little potential thing to do in British Columbia, half business, half pleasure, but we never went. Because we'd have to fly and he hates it, because British Columbia is as sinfully expensive as it is beautiful, because there were always other priorities.

I devised a strategy. He would only go if I'd give him a reason to go for my sake as well. With womanly cunning, I looked around in British Columbia and found it. At sea-level. The Royal Victoria Marathon on October 7th.

It's Thanksgiving weekend in Canada, but nevertheless we managed to schedule my boyfriend's little thing, half serious, half play, as well. I knew we were meant to go.

10 Comments:

At 9:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, you're good. :) I love it!

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger JustRun said...

Very nice work! Have fun!

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger Backofpack said...

So close, and yet, so far! Especially since we signed up for Portland the same day. Our choices were Victoria (as you said, expensive), Bellingham (hometown!) and Portland. I chose Portland because many of our friends were going. Peer pressure...

When you get there, turn to the south and wave. I'll wave to the north from Portland!

 
At 5:36 PM, Blogger zanne said...

brilliant. stroke of womanly genius.

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger Bump in the Night said...

Cool. We just returned last week from a vacation in Vancouver. Great area. You two will have a wonderful time.

 
At 9:07 PM, Blogger RunBubbaRun said...

Sounds like a great place to run a marathon. I always wanted to race out there in OOO Canada..

Hmm 3 marathons in a year, you
might qaulify for the "marathon maniacs" club soon.

 
At 10:26 PM, Blogger Darrell said...

Well look at you, sneaking another marathon in there under the guise of making the sacrifice for your BF's business/pleasure thing. As the others have said - you're good!

Enjoy the race. I'm sure it will be beautiful.

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I wish I were running Victoria now, but I have a streak going at Portland that I do not intend on breaking. Glad it worked out as meant to be.

 
At 9:15 PM, Blogger Journey to a Centum said...

You are going to love Victoria!

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger Joe said...

Indeed, BC is expensive and with the Canadian dollar getting stronger by the minute, it's only getting worse for American visitors.

Have fun in the race. My brother's done that one a couple of times and I think it's his favorite course.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home