from mile to marathon

The journey of a thousand leagues begins from beneath your feet.
Lao-Tzu

Friday, October 06, 2006

a few more days off

The sweet names my boyfriend bestowed on my little wounded soldier self - Limp A Lot, Hop Along - are not valid anymore. In a week or so I am going to start running again.

I hate going to the doctor, so much so that I usually wait until they have to take me on a stretcher. So I stayed put and took Ibuprofen. During the last three weeks I went out with the bike twice and in a pool for the total amount of two hours. I doubt this qualifies as alternative training, so I have no idea what to expect. I know I am not looking forward to waking up again at 5 am or earlier.

2 Comments:

At 7:19 PM, Blogger Backofpack said...

Do it just once, get up, get out the door, get moving. It'll feel so good and so free. Then do it once more. And once more. Before you know it, you'll be hooked again.

Love that picture of you (?) in White Sands!

 
At 10:59 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm with you on waking up at 5 a.m. Sometimes I think sleep is more important.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home