from mile to marathon

The journey of a thousand leagues begins from beneath your feet.
Lao-Tzu

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

me and them

It’s been a month and three days now since I ran last. Seeing announcements for the Duke City Marathon, in which I planned to ran a half, makes me sick at heart.

I don’t hurt anymore on a routine day, but any exertion beyond that revives the injury for a couple of days. I could run, of course. What holds me back is not the pain, but the worry that - if I start too early - I might have to wait even longer afterwards to heal again

The other evening I covered – photographically – a fashion show. Going back and forth between stage and backstage for a few hours was enough for the pain to flare up. The models, half of which were dressed up for the Day of the Dead, did not have that problem. Strange that the dead carry on, business as usual, while I, alive, cannot mind my running.




2 Comments:

At 11:19 PM, Blogger R2B said...

The day of the dead is an interesting "phenomina" what is it's date and why is it celebrated?

You are doing the right thing by not returning to running to soon....it's just not worth it.

Heal soon
R2B

 
At 7:10 PM, Blogger Cris said...

I really feel for you; sorry to hear the troubles. Still, rest now while you can, because once you're healed... >:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home