from mile to marathon

The journey of a thousand leagues begins from beneath your feet.
Lao-Tzu

Sunday, October 08, 2006

disappointment



I am volunteering, like every year, at the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta. Did I just complain about getting up at 5 am? Never mind, now it's 3 am. Today was my first day. It rained, the mist came down from the mountains, and the launch was cancelled. Lots of people who came from out of town for a day or two just to see this morning's scheduled mass ascension were frustrated. It's a weather-driven event - there is nothing to be done about it.

Walking along the abandoned field, I noticed my tendon is still tender, and wondered if I was overly optimistic when I expected to start running again this week. I am ready, though. I do not miss the running, but I miss the structure it gave to the day.

1 Comments:

At 7:40 PM, Blogger Cris said...

don't sweat the tendon; give it time.

my mom has witness the baloons at Albequerque before; I'd like to see it myself some day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home