from mile to marathon

The journey of a thousand leagues begins from beneath your feet.
Lao-Tzu

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

8K tomorrow

One year after my very first race ever, the 4th of July Sunrise 5K of 2006, when I placed. By serendipity alone, not that I had any idea what I was doing.

The first two miles or so of the course tomorrow are uphill. I am not happy about that, but I better start being grateful pretty soon. The marathon in two months from now... the first eight miles are uphill.

Tomorrow I dread two things. Finding a parking spot. And the sunlight. At the poolside, a couple of days ago, I burnt my nose raw. So pathetic. A ton of sunscreen won't protect it from the sun tomorrow. Since the race will be over by about 8 am, I think I will survive the heat.

Happy Birthday, America!

9 Comments:

At 7:34 PM, Blogger Ryan said...

Have a great race and a nice 4th!!

 
At 7:59 PM, Blogger RunBubbaRun said...

Have a great race, you will do great. Just don't forget the SPF..

we runners are fragile sometimes :)

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger Backofpack said...

Wear a hat to protect that nose! I don't like wearing hats at all, but rain will force me to it, and if I've gotten too much sun I'll do it. Have a great race tomorrow and a wonderful holiday!

 
At 8:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck on your anniversary race! :) Happy 4th!

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger Bre said...

Have an awesome race! happy 4th!

 
At 7:52 AM, Blogger Deene said...

an excellent time to start a race in the summer. i hope you did well!

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

How'd it go?

 
At 7:12 AM, Blogger JustRun said...

So??
:)

 
At 1:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How was 4th?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home