from mile to marathon

The journey of a thousand leagues begins from beneath your feet.
Lao-Tzu

Sunday, February 24, 2008

el paso in sight

Last week-end my nose ran for 20 miles, and I was right behind it. I signed up for March 2nd in El Paso. The race, in its second year only, is a bistate marathon. It starts and ends downtown, in Texas, but the northern part of the course loops through New Mexico. El Paso is a border town wedged between New Mexico at the north, and the Mexican city of Juarez across the river to the south.

The race also starts in late winter - about 40 degrees as the start line, and ends in early summer, when temperature could reach the seventies.

I put in a taper of 13 miles today. Yesterday we had champagne - not only the two-year anniversay of my very first mile, but also twelve years since I lived with my boyfriend.

Next week it's on to El Paso, for whatever it may bring.

6 Comments:

At 2:16 PM, Blogger Journey to a Centum said...

Enjoy your taper, feel free to express your thoughts as you fidget through the low mileage week!

Do you get credit for two states on the Marathon Maniacs records? My guess is no.

 
At 5:33 PM, Blogger Backofpack said...

That's a cool race, covering two states at once, and two seasons too. Congratulations on both anniversaries!

 
At 10:57 PM, Blogger Darrell said...

A race from winter to summer must be very long.

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Nice taper! You're ready for El Paso.

 
At 3:42 AM, Blogger RunBubbaRun said...

Wohhoo, 20 miles, I hope your nose was not to tired.. Will be ready for the marathon for sure.

Congrats on the anniversary.

 
At 2:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home