from mile to marathon

The journey of a thousand leagues begins from beneath your feet.
Lao-Tzu

Monday, October 23, 2006

trial run

I ran one mile. On the treadmill, zero incline, moderate speed, just to see if I hurt afterwards. It's been five weeks since my last run. To my surprise, this one mile came easy, effortless, as if I have been running forever.

Only a week ago sheer walking for an extended time still brought the pain back. But now I am fine.

So far I have been, in the best case, a reluctant runner, running only because I want to run a marathon, not because I like to run. Nevertheless, I am now ready, eager, keen on running again.

4 Comments:

At 1:18 PM, Blogger Lora said...

YAY!!! Welcome back!

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger Kurt in Boston said...

Great! OK, now take it easy -- NO HILLS (at least for a little while). Bring it back slowly.

I had a groin pull once. It was pretty bad. It took 6 months to get back to normal (I didn't want to mention that before...).

Sounds promising!

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger R2B said...

Hmmmm,
Good to see your mile went well.Ease into it at an amount you feel is too low to start with and work up.

As for not enjoying your running....
I have just found a running buddy and am enjoying it for the first time in ages.Don't think i could train up for my first marathon without her now!

Cheers R2B

 
At 8:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Good luck getting back to running. I've been there and it's hard to take it slow sometimes. Listen to your body and you'll be running farther in no time.

Good luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home