from mile to marathon

The journey of a thousand leagues begins from beneath your feet.
Lao-Tzu

Friday, March 02, 2007

wake-up call

My boyfriend frowns on my running ("it's not good for you"), but he gets up every morning before I do, no matter how early, so a coffee cup is ready for me by the time I stumble to the kitchen table before the morning run.

The other day he woke me up by pulling at my feet. "Trotting time," he announced, "she's gonna step on you, oh, sooooo much."

Was this supposed to be a persuasive argument for the feet to get out of bed?

9 Comments:

At 5:45 PM, Blogger Backofpack said...

I love that Kahlil Gibran quote - and the one about marriage. Thanks for reminding me.

And might I say, that's a skinny pair of feet! And any guy that gets up, makes you coffee and encourage you to go out when he doesn't really approve of it, is a keeper!

 
At 10:24 PM, Blogger egan said...

Ah, he does love you. How cute. I do love this picture very much. I found my way here via Justrun and Sizzle. I'm a runner myself so it's fun to read what others are chatting about.

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger Bre said...

Aww, that's actually rather sweet!

 
At 8:02 AM, Blogger Chad said...

Hmmm - sounds like since he can't convince you he's inciting your feet to revolt. Remind them how proud they'll be when they cross the finish line of the marathon. Don't let them be swayed into revolution! ;-)

Keep on running!

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger Taunya said...

Wow! I don't think I've ever had a man make coffee in the morning (I make really BAD judgements in this area). I agree, he's a keeper!

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger JustRun said...

Aww, that's sweet. Almost as if it's grown on him.

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

"Wake up sleepy feet. It's time to hit the street!!"

That's just what crossed my mind when I saw the picture. :)

 
At 3:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Running's not good for you? What? Do I need to sit this guy down and have a talk with him? :)

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger Ryan said...

What a guy, but running is not good for you??? Now get those feet up & moving = )

Enjoy the day

 

Post a Comment

<< Home