from mile to marathon

The journey of a thousand leagues begins from beneath your feet.
Lao-Tzu

Thursday, March 20, 2008

outlines

The next marathon is going to be my eight and my last. At least so I think. At least for a while.

I have decided, with some trepidation, on Shiprock. This will take the journey back to where it started, like a circle closing in on itself. Of course on the map the line that connects the site of my marathons is not round, more like the suggestion a of sail ship in the wind.

I pulled a muscle of my left calf in El Paso, and I have barely run since, trying to let it heal. It's still tight when I run, but I have to move on. I have only weeks left to get ready again.

4 Comments:

At 6:11 PM, Blogger Backofpack said...

That's a good circle to complete. Maybe the desire to run will come on again, maybe it won't but no matter, because now you know you have it in you and can decide to and do it whenever you want.

 
At 1:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope the calf heals quickly. Enjoy your next marathon - perhaps closure, perhaps the beginning of a new circle. . . . ?

 
At 3:46 AM, Blogger RunBubbaRun said...

Hopefully your injury heals up quickly.. Lots of ice..

Last marathon, never say never, but if it is, enjoy every last bit of it..

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Well, I don't really like the sound of that, but I wish you well at Shiprock and with the calf.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home