from mile to marathon

The journey of a thousand leagues begins from beneath your feet.
Lao-Tzu

Saturday, December 02, 2006

5K variations

A 5K is the very least I do on any day when I run, usually on the treadmill. It is amazing how this repetitive task, even when done almost every day, even when done for months in a row, remains an experience of diversity. It can feel novel, it can be a challenge, sometimes it's comfortable, sometimes it' s easy, sometimes it goes by in a rush, sometimes it takes forver, on occasion it hurts, at other times it's exhilarating. In esence it is the same thing, over and over again, but it never feels the same.

2 Comments:

At 4:53 PM, Blogger Backofpack said...

That's the best thing about running!

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

My minimum run is 4 miles, but it used to be 5. I hope to move it back up to 5, but I use routes from my house rather than the treadmill. Each run is unique. Non-runners do not seem to understand that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home