from mile to marathon

The journey of a thousand leagues begins from beneath your feet.
Lao-Tzu

Friday, January 12, 2007

body snatcher

I am exhausted. The work, the illness, too little sleep, too tight a schedule. And yet - I get up in the morning before 5 am, I sleepwalk through teethbrushing, coffee, and dressing. The night is still dark, the snow still frozen, people are asleep. I am stepping out to run.

Who is this person?

I don't even like running. The best part is when it's over.

Anyhow. I have races ahead, miles to conquer. Arizona, here I come.

9 Comments:

At 8:22 AM, Blogger Backofpack said...

You must like something about running, or else why would you still be doing it? Maybe the attraction is that feeling you have when it's over - accomplishment, tiredness, toughness, reaching a goal...

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger Black Knight said...

Is that a nightmare or a fatal attraction?

 
At 11:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well done on getting out. I think I have the same relationship with running ... it's the post run I live for

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger traveler022 said...

Good luck on your race Lia! I know you will do great and finish strong. Your body does amazing things when it knows it's in race mode.

 
At 4:36 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Good luck Lia!

 
At 10:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can relate to sleepwalking through the morning preparations. I'm not an early morning person, and yet I have to get up way before my body wants to.

If you keep running, you may start to like it - seriously! The sign that you are starting to like it is when you skip a run and you feel like you need to get back out there. Are you there yet? Good luck, runner! :)

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger Chad said...

Hope your race went well. Too bad it was FREEZING here today.

I like running a whole lot more when it is warm out. I've decided I would rather run when it is 100 in the morning in July than 30 like today.

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger Cris said...

i SO understand your comments.

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger David Edward said...

what a great post

 

Post a Comment

<< Home